September 15, 2016
Nurse Patty is being recognized at the School Board Meeting for being named the Alaska School Nurse of the Year
Monday, September 19
- Nurse Patty is being recognized at the School Board Meeting for being named the Alaska School Nurse of the Year; 7:00 p.m.; Education Center
Tuesday, September 20
- Operational Group Elections
Wednesday, September 21
- Elementary Early Release
- Bilbo’s Chicken Stew
- Celebrating the anniversary of the release of “The Hobbit”, ASD Student Nutrition is offering this lunch today.
Friday, September 23
- Trek for Tech
Tidbits of Info:
- Thank you for your support and patience in our parking lot. Making a right turn only from Polaris and Rilke after school has significantly alleviated the traffic jam. Also, please continue to pull forward when dropping off or picking up students. Both the front doors and side doors are open. If you have some extra time, consider parking and coming in. This will also give you an opportunity to stop by their class.
- Once again we will have PLC days (Polaris Learning Community). Please see attached information about our PLC days as well as permission forms for middle and high school students. If you have an interest, talent, or expertise that you would be willing to share with our secondary students on these days, please contact Angela or Carol.
- Do you have extra charge cords and power adapters for an iPad? We could use 12 mini charge cords and the power adapters for a supply of iPads that were donated. Unfortunately they didn't come with the cords and chargers. Please bring them to the office. We greatly appreciate your support.
- The 2017 Polaris Yearbook "The Signature" is now for sale at its lowest price of the year with FREE embossed personalization on hardbound books ordered before 9/30. Order now by following the link on the Polaris homepage. Also check out the special bundle offers for Senior and Kindergarten students! Questions? Email email@example.com
- From the Nurse: Flu season is fast approaching and it is time to start thinking about Flu vaccinations. We do not yet know for sure when our supply will be in, but I am hoping to set up our clinic for students some time in October. If you would like for your child to receive the FREE flu vaccine here at school you will need to turn in a completed Flu Vaccination Consent form (attached) prior to the clinic.
- If you sent in a consent form at the beginning of the year it will need to be resubmitted. Many people were filling out the wrong form and those were destroyed. Please call Nurse Patty if you have questions.
- We will only be giving flu SHOTS this year. There is NOT a nasal vaccine at all in the US this year. Please make sure you understand this before giving consent.
- As soon as I find out the date of the clinic I will post it on the website and on Wolf Weekly.
- Polarian Award: "Students, staff and parents embody the Polaris mission on a daily basis. Please take a look around and nominate a person or group you feel deserves to be recognized for exceptional contribution to the Polaris community.” (Polaris website) The nomination form can be found here Polarian nomination form.
Save the Date:
9/26-30: Homecoming Week
9/28: Picture Day
9/30: Secondary Homecoming Dance
10/5: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC
Suicide Awareness & Prevention (12:30-1:30)
10/12: Advisory Board Meeting 3:15
Parent Forum Meeting 4:30
10/17: UAA College & Career Fair for Juniors & Seniors
10/19: Elementary Early Release
10/20: ‘Howling Tales’: Scary stories performed by Polaris Players
10/21: End 1st quarter: In-service Day: No School
10/28: In-service Day – No School
10/28: Fall Family Fun Night
11/2: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC
11/9: Advisory Board Meeting 3:15
Parent Forum Meeting 4:15
11/11: In-service Day – No School
11/16: Elementary Early Release
11/24-25: Thanksgiving Holiday
11/26: Community Craft Bazaar
11/30: Elementary Early Release
12/2: All School Field Trip to PAC
12/2: Family Paint Nite
12/7: Advisory Board Meeting 3:15
Parent Forum Meeting 4:15
12/9: Student Led Conferences: No School
12/9: Secondary Dance
12/11: Skate with the Aces
12/14: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC
12/15: Winter Solstice Family Fun Night
12/16: Student Led Conferences: No School
12/21: Band/Orchestra Concert 8:30 a.m.
12/22: Last Day of Classes
12/26-1/6: Winter Break
1/9: Intensives Begin